Nursing Voices

Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Nurse Ratched's Cathouse




Welcome to the cathouse. No, not that kind of cathouse. This blog isn’t about the Moonlite BunnyRanch. This post is about the five little reasons why I haven’t been posting stories on my blog. Meet the family that just moved into the cathouse, also known as the shed in the backyard. One day I noticed the orange and white female we’ve named Sherbet lurking out in the woods, so I fed her, and of course, within the next couple of days the whole family moved into the shed. We saw the other two adult cats first, and then the kittens made their appearance a few weeks later. SURPRISE! Sherbet is the mama cat, so we named the little ones Ice Cream and Custard. The kittens are in the house now, and my husband and I are spending time taming them. I found a home for the Calico kitten. I hope I can find a home for her little brother. We had to take him to the vet after we captured him because he had to have a warble surgically removed from his neck. The area was grossly infected and the little guy is now on antibiotics.






Meet Kabbalah. He's the daddy. He likes rolling in the dirt, chasing birds, and eating catnip.













This is Delilah. She enjoys leaving gifts on the porch. She is especially fond of leaving dead mice.




Hey, Scalpel, do you want another cat?

8 Comments:

Blogger ButtercupRN said...

Squeeeeeeeee!! What precious little babies! Thanks for taking care of them.
I love kitties too(did ya guess?)

10:11 PM  
Blogger jaz said...

Holy cats!

You adopted a herd.

10:13 PM  
Blogger Kim said...

Awww....kitties...I have a reformed ferral cat and he is the best cat I have ever owned. Good luck with them, be patient, they will come around!

Kim
www.asthepumpturns.wordpress.com

11:59 PM  
Blogger Mage said...

If Deliliah is leaving you gifts, it sounds as if she was once tame. Is there a Friends of Cats near you that will take the others?

The kittens are darling.

12:51 PM  
Blogger Elaine said...

... and there I was thinking about that whore hoouse in Texas :-D

2:31 PM  
Blogger Beach Bum said...

There are lots of feral cats near my apartment, and when I got back from break, two of them had litters. It's been really fun seeing them grow up. (Stand by for pics on my blog in the next few weeks)

Great pictures!

6:28 PM  
Blogger Strawberry Lane said...

How adorable ... love those cats!

8:51 PM  
Blogger scalpel said...

Those are some beautiful cats.

10:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home