Nursing Voices

Monday, May 05, 2008

Missing My Mac


Do you remember Timmy and Lassie? Lassie had an annoying habit of running off, and Timmy was always waiting for her to come home. I feel like Timmy today. I’m waiting for my Mac to come home.

I feel my pulse returning to my body, and more importantly, to my fingertips. The delivery company just called me, and my Mac will be back home in just a few more hours. As you might recall, my computer broke down again last week, and I had to send it back to the Mac Mother Ship for repairs. Damn you, Steven Jobs! This is no way to treat a lady. Not having a computer has been tough. I’m a creature of habit, and I have a hard time writing anything on someone else’s computer. Besides, I do my best writing at my local Panera coffee shop. I went there today to get a bagel, and I almost started crying when I saw a stranger sitting at a table by my favorite window. The guy was surfing the web on his Dell laptop. Maybe my next computer should be a PC. Take that, Steven! No, no, I didn't mean it. I'm sorry, Steven. My skin starts crawling when I’m away from my computer too long, and I get really cranky, too. Not that I’m addicted or anything. I can stop blogging whenever I want.

Just sayin’.

2 Comments:

Blogger Angry Nurse said...

Perhaps you should see if there is a Mac withdrawal support program or a handy 12 step program to get you to use a PC instead....

1:31 AM  
Blogger Bev said...

I would just shrivel and die without my iBook! Hope it comes back to you soon!

5:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home