Nursing Voices

Thursday, May 08, 2008

Martha Stewart Loves Nurses


Martha Stewart is a funny lady. She’s the poster child of OCD. Martha tells her readers all kinds of weird stuff in her magazine. I about peed my pants when she wrote that homemakers should rotate their lampshades as part of their household duties, and I poked fun at her in this post. I can’t make fun of Martha today. I was channel surfing when I noticed that Martha was wearing a pair of scrubs, so settled back in my chair and I watched her show. Martha honored nurses during Nurses Week.



Martha invited many interesting guests to her show. Johnson & Johnson nurse Kathy Fallon told viewers how to get the most out of their medical appointments. Next, Martha paid tribute to five very special nurses who helped a family in need. Martha also interviewed a nurse practitioner about home first aid kits. My favorite part of the show was when Martha interviewed a nurse museum curator that had brought a display of historical nursing uniforms and equipment to the show. And of course, Martha showed nurses how to make a quick and nutritious meal for their family after a hard day at work. I'm glad Martha didn't mention any housekeeping tips. Nurses are too tired to rotate their lampshades when they come home from work.


Martha loves nurses. Nurses are a good thing.

4 Comments:

Blogger Evil Transport Lady said...

Nurses are indeed special:) All of us need your guys:)

7:04 AM  
Blogger jaz said...

Nurses are a good thing.

And, in a perfect world, they would be treated way better than hospitals tend to treat them.

9:11 PM  
Blogger Awake In Rochester said...

You rock Martha! I never knew.

3:01 PM  
Blogger travelnursingblogs said...

Cool post. Thanks. I love seeing you guys get the respect you deserve.

www.travelnursingblogs.com

3:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home