Nursing Voices

Monday, April 28, 2008

Steven Jobs Strikes Back

I’ll admit it. I use to have a thing for Steven Jobs. I mean, really, just look at him. He’s smart, looks hot in blue jeans, and, oh yes, he’s a bizillionaire. But looks and a heavy-duty bank account can’t offset rudeness. I broke it off with Steven when he was mean to a girl-fan at a Mac convention. I’m so over him, and I wrote about it in this post. Well, Steven got even with me. As you may recall, my Mac Book went on the fritz last week, so I sent it in for repairs. Now, less than one week later after getting it back from the factory, the darn thing won’t even boot up.

I know you’re messing with me, Steven. I know you are angry. Rejection is a hard thing to take, but please understand that I’m not attracted to mean spirited men no matter how hot they look in blue jeans. Steven, you must accept the fact that it’s over between us, and stop screwing with my computer when it’s at the factory for repairs. Please move on, but if you want to win me back, you might want to try sending me an iPhone.

11 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Steve personally supervises the repair of each and every computer.

10:17 AM  
Blogger RehabNurse said...

Awww, NR, Steve is just acting like the typical nerd that he is...most are very shy and timid around nice looking female creatures, unless you absolutely fit their profile of "dream woman".

Or he's just a typical Left-Coast asshole (not everyone in CA is nice and easy-going like those surfer people in the movies.)

It's your call...

5:58 PM  
Blogger SQT said...

He must be very passive aggressive. You're better off without him.

10:12 PM  
Blogger Bev said...

Oooooh, do I detect a hint of paranoia here? You've been in psych too long, my dear. How do I know? Been there, done that!

7:00 AM  
Blogger Neumed said...

Note to self: Don't write anything bad about Steve Jobs.

Sorry your puter is still sick.

12:19 AM  
Blogger Kim said...

I'm shocked, shocked to hear you talk like this about Stevie.

I mean really.

Besides, I actually didget an iPhone!!!!! And it was from a guy a lot cuter than Stevie!

12:26 PM  
Blogger Kris said...

What the hell?! MINE spontaneously ejected its hard drive into oblivion last Saturday! Is this revenge to all nurses?!

11:54 PM  
Blogger NJ EMS said...

LOL..that put a smile on my face tonight.

10:59 PM  
Blogger Amrita said...

Watch out Steven Jobs

11:23 AM  
Blogger Jean-Luc Picard said...

I-Phones are far too complicated.

2:13 PM  
Blogger The Curmudgeon said...

I have tried -- and failed -- to get all geeked about toys like i-phones. What I'd like in a cell phone would be one that gets reception in my office -- in the Chicago Loop, not in a Tibetan monastery -- and at my home -- also in Chicago, about a block and a half from the Kennedy Expressway.

But -- no -- the geniuses who run the industry think I'd really get excited to watch sports highlights on a one-inch screen. Are they nuts? The biggest thing driving the wide-screen plasma TV market is the fading eyesight of us Baby Boomers.

One inch screen -- and even if I could see it I still wouldn't get any reception at my home or office.....

1:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home