Nursing Voices

Monday, April 21, 2008

Mac Trauma


Crap! There’s something wrong with my laptop, and now I’m going to have to take it to the shop for an overhaul. I’m already having separation anxiety. Fortunately, we are a two Mac family. Normally, I would be freaking out because I’m going to be without my laptop for a long time. But you know what? I’m taking it in stride. You look at life a lot differently after a near death experience.

I want to thank everyone who wrote letters of support after I was attacked last week at work. Your messages of support were greatly appreciated. I’ll keep you posted about what happens next.


Monkey Girl from Musings of a Highly Trained Monkey asked me to pass on some very important information about a good cause. Check out her story about a medic who paid the ultimate price, and the fund raiser held each year since 2006 for his two sons. Please click the "Donate" button. You’ll be glad you did.

3 Comments:

Blogger kario said...

So sorry about your computer! I hope it feels better soon.

I can't imagine how traumatic it must be for you to not have any closure on your attack as well as continue to show up for work in the very place it happened. Here's hoping common sense wills out and the perpetrator is sent to a much more secure facility to 'work on his issues' if that's what he needs to do.

2:29 PM  
Blogger Neumed said...

I just read about your attack. I agree with all the good advice everyone gave. You have a right to a safe work environment and it is the hospitals responsibility (liability) to provide you with one.

I have the feeling you're the kind of gal who isn't going to take this lying down.

Hope your laptop is fixable.

11:35 PM  
Blogger Jean-Luc Picard said...

A good whack should do it.

3:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home