Nursing Voices

Wednesday, March 05, 2008

Sultry Nurses Seduce Patients

You’re right Curmudgeon, I have a fabulous pulp paperback book cover to illustrate this story. What do you think?

This is all Curmudgeon’s fault. He’s my blog buddy over at Second Effort. I wasn’t going to post anymore smutty-nurse book covers, but now I can’t resist. Curmudgeon wrote this post about an article that was published in The Sunday Times. Sarah-Kate Templeton, Health Editor at The Sunday Times, wrote that, according to a new survey, "Almost one in 10 nurses think starting a relationship with one of their patients is acceptable while one in six said they knew of a colleague who had a sexual relationship with a patient they were looking after." I want to know who conducted this survey, and where they found these nurses. I’m wondering about the validity of this survey because these nurses have more of a “social life” than the rest of us. I'm not saying that some nurses don't date their patients, they do, and I wrote about it in this post. However, nurses are not sex crazed kittens looking for a hot date. We’re too old and tired to go to wild orgies after work.



Sorry perverts. Start fantasizing about something else.

12 Comments:

Blogger WardBunny said...

"Sorry perverts."
LOL This nurse/patient relationships thing has put the wind up everyone, especially the NMC. Apparently we are getting new guidelines on it.
*rolls eyes*

5:16 PM  
Blogger The Curmudgeon said...

I knew you'd have an appropriate illustration.

6:56 PM  
Blogger RehabNurse said...

Yep. I really want to get busy with a man, who tries to get my attention by being incontinent of both bowel and bladder.

How romantic....NOT!! (Sorry I couldn't resist!)

I'd like to see that survey, too. I'm in the tired category when I get home.

My husband would like to see that "sex kitten" nurse, but she only works weekends (the ones she doesn't work at the hospital, that is.)

7:24 PM  
Blogger anonymousRN said...

Nurses dating patients.... where are they working? Definitely not on my unit where the average age is 80 year old....

8:29 PM  
Blogger MonkeyGirl said...

Ew. Just Ew.

1:35 AM  
Blogger DrugMonkey, Master of Pharmacy said...

Well don't you know how to take the wind right out of a guys sails. When you were little I bet you probably went around telling other kids there was no Santa Claus.

And you say pervert like it's some sort of bad thing.

1:45 AM  
Blogger FetchingGal said...

I never date my patients. But I make all the boys cry. >:)

FG

5:34 AM  
Blogger Barbara said...

Nurses dating patients. Kids, can you say, "codependent?" Yes? Good.

2:07 PM  
Blogger Mage said...

No, No, No.....you absolutely cannot stop showing us these seedy covers. We are now addicted. We gotta have them. Life would not be the same without them in it. Hey, now I am even looking in the swapmeet for them.

Please don't cut us off. :)

11:18 PM  
Blogger Smalltown RN said...

I worked with a nurse who started seeing a patient while he was still in hospital..they ended up moving in together...they eventually broke up...I always thought it odd....In my early days I had been approached by patients sons to go on dates...and I would get asked why am I nursing when I should be modelling...it all seemed so odd to me...I get infruiated when I see the sexy nurse skits...it drives me crazy....I still haven't been able to understand what drives this....

2:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good lord - I just don't believe it. One in six nurses "know someone who..."?! I just don't believe it. I think you're on the right track with the "sorry perverts" remark!

1:22 AM  
Blogger JC Jones MA RN said...

How about a survey of how many psychiatrists cross the line? One is too many & I have come across at least 3 in my career...

1:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home