Nursing Voices

Friday, March 14, 2008

Looking For Love in the Washington Post

I came across this personal ad in the Washington Post while I was working at the drug rehab center. It read:

53 y/o SWM, 5’6’’ 140lbs, drinker and ex-church member, seeks SWF to help me stop drinking.



Translation: Boozer-loser seeking codependent female for long term dysfunctional relationship.

My boss at the rehab center is single, so I clipped out the ad and put it on her desk just in case she’s looking for a hot date.

I love the Washington Post.

6 Comments:

Blogger Jean-Luc Picard said...

You may have helped someone there!

11:15 AM  
Blogger L said...

What is very funny is that I am single, and as a joke my friend (who lives in Virginia but gets the Washington Post) clips out ads and sends them to me. I am eternally grateful she hasn't seen this one yet, and if she does I can tell her that you've already found him someone!

11:46 AM  
Blogger Mage said...

So funny.

5:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Reality is far removed from most of those ads. The "rugged-looking" male who loves hiking will show up on a woman's doorstep with fifty pounds of extra cargo on his belly, hair growing out of his ears and wearing black socks with his sandals because his feet hurt.

I think Mother Jones nailed this one on the head. smile

Tammy

3:33 PM  
Blogger Melissa said...

Hahaha...I found your blog through Scott's links. I love your translation on the personal ad, you're so right.

7:45 AM  
Blogger Doc's Girl said...

Iow...I hate to say that I actually appreciate that man's honesty!!! :-P

7:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home