Nursing Voices

Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Cheap Week


I don’t know how this happened. Someone must have slipped me a Mickey when I wasn’t looking. I’ve been suckered into working on the hospital’s Nurses Week committee. Last year’s celebration was really lame, and this year’s celebration isn’t going to be any better thanks to our hospital administrator, Mr. Grinch. He is continuing his tradition of being a tightwad. Mr. Grinch told us to be frugal, and he gave us a budget of $3000 to provide gifts, activities, and a dinner for over 300 nurses during Nurse’s Week. We asked for more funding and he told us that the hospital is strapped for cash. As a side note, we just found out that the hospital made a profit of 3.8 million dollars last year, but I digress. We’ve been told to beg venders like Pfizer and Johnson and Johnson for money, food, and products to give away as gifts. I’m not begging pharmaceutical companies for trinkets. I begging for tranquilizers.

Happy freakin’ Nurse’s Week.

3 Comments:

Blogger CountyRat said...

You poor thing! First that combative patient, and now Nurses' Week! I don't know which of the two is worse. I'm with you - go for the major tranqs!

(And if the hospital realy wanted to show their appreciation for nurses, they could try something really radical, like, oh, I don't know, giving us some actual say in how patents are treated and hospitals are run. Naw. Sorry. I just got a little goofy for a moment. That was just crazy talk.)

1:34 PM  
Blogger poody said...

yep i agree that all the nurses will need to be heavily medicated with some sort of either ETOH or pahrmacetical or both!

4:51 PM  
Blogger Beth Coll Anderson said...

Last year I got a new towel for nurses week. Why a towel? I don't know. Anyway, I put it in the laundry and it got lint EVERYWHERE.

6:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home