Nursing Voices

Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Greetings From Dr. Chain Saw

Remind me not to schedule elective surgery on Halloween. Meet Dr. Chain Saw. I believe Dr. Saw attended the University of Transylvania. He planned to specialize is hematology, but his professor, Dr. Dracula, was a night owl, and Dr. Saw did not want to attend night classes. I use to have a lot of fun working at the hospital during Halloween. A hospital that I use to work at let us wear costumes until a patient freaked out. The man coded, and the first thing that he saw when he came back was a respiratory therapist dressed up as the devil. The whole experience was very unpleasant. Too bad he didn’t notice the nurse who came to work dressed up as Florence Nightingale. It would have worked out better for all of us.






Dr. Saw’s associates, Dr. Dedwin and Nurse Necro, want to wish you all a Happy Halloween.

5 Comments:

Blogger The Curmudgeon said...

I'm not at all sure that I'd like coming out of anesthesia and seeing someone dressed as a devil....

12:21 PM  
Blogger FetchingGal said...

I think it is nurse "Necro" not nurse Recro. ;) I would dress up as Hermione from Rowling's books but I thankfully am not working today. I am worked to death as it is, and not well supported.

Going to buy my candy from the local shop now, since people would likely call the cops on me were I to trick or treat at this age (21 again, and again... )

12:33 PM  
Blogger Mother Jones RN said...

Thank you for the correction, Fetchinggal. I was having a hard time reading what was written on the box in the picture. She sure is a creepy looking thing.

1:57 PM  
Blogger FetchingGal said...

MJ you know I hate to be a critic. ;) Update on the candy: all the boxes of mini bags of chips are all gone! The horror! Had to substitute with Blade trilogy DVD set. >:) Happy Halloween all! :D

4:51 PM  
Blogger FetchingGal said...

I forgot to add how nice and clean the Nurse's uniform is and how dirrrrrty the doc's is. Teehee!

10:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home