Nursing Voices

Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Tag, You're It!


I’ve been tagged by a couple of my readers. Today’s meme is a challenge. I have to write a six-word story. This is hard for writers who revel in the joys of linguistics.

In the book, The Elements of Style by William Strunk Jr. and E.B. White, writers are told to keep their verbiage to a minimum. This is always challenging for me to do because I have so much to say. I’ve been told that I’m very opinionated, but that’s another story.

I wrote these last weekend at work:








Doctor gives garbled orders. Good grief.











Screaming patient gets Haldol. Good drugs.







Additional staff called in. Good thing.














Ordered two large pizzas. Good food.












It is quitting time. Good night!

11 Comments:

Blogger The Curmudgeon said...

Always enjoyable. Well done.

7:15 PM  
Blogger kario said...

Yipe! Good job - I'm not sure I could do it.

Oh, and there's nothing wrong with being "very opinionated". Takes one to know one...

8:03 PM  
Blogger Dancing Bare said...

Visited MJ's opionionated blog. Good read!

10:07 PM  
Blogger Nurse Groggy said...

Hope you don't mind that I added to my blog list....

You're great!

11:54 PM  
Blogger Juliette said...

I have to be the annoying one: the first one has seven words.

They're very good!

The best six words sotry ever is "For sale - baby shoes. Never used."

7:31 AM  
Blogger Mother Jones RN said...

Shoot, Juliette, you're right. I was never good at math. Time for a rewrite.

MJ

7:39 AM  
Blogger ERnursey said...

Oh yes, Haldol, an ER nurses best friend. Very clever.

11:59 AM  
Blogger poody said...

Payday is Friday.Broke on Monday.
Love the post as usual my foavorite.

1:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Excellent short stories! So succinct, so packed with emotion.

1:53 PM  
Blogger Kim said...

Good post. Time for a comment! : D

1:37 PM  
Blogger The Angry Medic said...

Ooh, another succinct writer! Donald Trump writes like that, and he's my idol. I appreciate succinctness (despite not being able to show it either on my blog or in my essays, to the consternation of my supervisors...)

(Oh, and I don't do too well in comments either. As you no doubt can see by now...)

8:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home