Nursing Voices

Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Call for Submissions: Nurse Ratched’s Place is Hosting Grand Rounds

Hi everyone:
I’m hosting my first Grand Rounds on December 19th. It’s the first time I’ve served as host, and I’m so nervous, I have butterflies in my stomach. Since this is the last Grand Rounds before Christmas, I’m looking for submissions that have a holiday theme.

Please submit your posts to nurseratchedsplace at yahoo dot com. All submissions must be in by midnight (EST) on Sunday, December 17th. Use Grand Rounds as the subject for your email, include the link to your post, and please write a small blurb describing your submission. Please do not submit any post that promotes a product or service. No ads masquerading as a post will be included. I am planning to limit Grand Round to thirty submissions. Please accept my apologies in advance if I can’t include your submission.

So, there you have it. I’ll do my best not to disappoint you.

10 Comments:

Blogger Dr. A said...

You go girl! Hey, if I could host, you've got to know anyone can host.

I'd better get writing. Just FYI, please feel free to e-mail me if you have any questions along the way. (kind of a been there, done that thing)

6:05 AM  
Blogger Shrinked Immaculate said...

forgive me if i sound dumb, but what is a grand round on a blog all about?

7:49 AM  
Blogger The Curmudgeon said...

Congratulations on this new challenge.

11:54 AM  
Blogger Juliette said...

forgive me if i sound dumb, but what is a grand round on a blog all about?
Second that

12:06 PM  
Blogger apgaRN said...

Hey MJ,
You're hosting next week? You go! At this point, I think I'd rather poke my thumbs through my eyes and out my ears! :) I have yet to brave a submission to that esteemed carnival. Hee hee.... but I know you'll do a phenomenal job.
Also, congrats on making the Editor's Picks this week (and first on the list!). You deserve it.
N

1:17 PM  
Blogger Jean-Luc Picard said...

I wasn't sure what it was all about either.

2:41 PM  
Blogger ByTheBay said...

Cool - I have submitted a post. One day perhaps Ill be brave enough to host.

5:25 PM  
Blogger Mother Jones RN said...

Thank you everyone for your support. I'll take you up on your offer Dr. A. If I need any help, I'll call you STAT.

MJ

10:36 AM  
Blogger M. Simon said...

I just sent you a submission.

My e-mail is on my sidebar at:

Power and Control if my submission didn't get through.

I'm not a medical practitioner, but I have done a lot of independent study of PTSD, addiction, and marijuana as medicine.

I have been on grand rounds a few times.

This week I'm looking at marijuana and MS.

2:25 AM  
Blogger M. Simon said...

The most important thing to do is to send an e-mail to Instapundit when Grand Rounds goes up. It insures a lot of traffic. I had to do it myself one week and I don't even host Grand Rounds. LOL. (Well a post of mine was up and I wanted more traffic. LOL)

And check all your links once the post is up. People hate broken links.

2:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home