Nursing Voices

Tuesday, November 07, 2006

The Princess Nurse and her Prince

Here I am at home in my favorite red gown. My prince adores me and he’s waiting on me hand and foot. He just polished my tiara. How do I look? Ok, maybe I don’t look exactly like this, but a girl can dream, can't she?

I am a princess nurse who is very tired when I come home from work at the hospital. My prince appreciates all of my hard work, and he spoils me rotten. I work 16 hours every Saturday, and my prince serves me breakfast in bed every Sunday morning. He makes me French toast, my favorite. My prince supports my dreams of returning to school, and he takes me shopping for books whenever I want. He is kind, considerate, and patient, which is a good thing because I can get cranky when I’m having hot flashes. My wish is his command. He works on keeping the passion alive in our marriage.

When I’m not at work or at school, I kickback and relax by blogging or by reading a good book. Like I’ve said before, I’m not Martha Stewart, and if you enjoy a spotless home, don’t step foot on my property. My house is cluttered, but this doesn’t bother my prince. He just steps around the junk that’s lying around the house. It’s also a good thing that he likes to cook because I can’t boil water. The last time I tired boiling water, the pan caught on fire, but that’s another story. The kitchen is his domain, however, I do have visitation rights to the refrigerator whenever I want a can of Coke. He won’t even let me clean the kitchen when he’s done preparing our meals. The best thing about my prince is that no matter how old and wrinkled I get, he always thinks I’m beautiful. Love is blind.

I think I'll keep him. I'm the luckiest princess nurse in the world.

20 Comments:

Blogger Julie, RN said...

Ok, I'm jealous. He sounds like a keeper! Lucky duck. ;)
(ps - what, exactly, is a 'hard boiled virgin'?? a really hot young chick that hasn't come out of her shell? buhdum bump)<-rimshot

12:35 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

except for the kitchen being his domain, he sounds pretty much like my own prince.
now, if i can only figure out how he can sleep a nanosecond after saying goodnight, we will surely have more fun in the eternity that is left for us to share :)

1:03 AM  
Blogger The Wal-NutzManiac said...

My Prince is in the kitchen, all right, I call him "Emeril the second", but that's all you and I have in common, Nurse Ratched. Hmmm???

1:42 AM  
Blogger The Curmudgeon said...

Hmmmmm. Your husband makes me look bad. Although I can dial for pizza.

And, I'm curious like julie, rn is: I look forward to seeing the cover of the "hard boiled virgin" too.

10:10 AM  
Blogger poody said...

He just stpes around the junk! I love that line! He is a keeper and you are the luckiest princess nurse ever! Save the tiara I am having a parade on my birthday!

11:01 AM  
Blogger Lea said...

What a sweet guy! Something tells me that you give him back just as much in different ways.

I am third in line who wants a book report on "The Hard Boiled Virgin". Wonder if that is when a woman puts herself in boiling water to get back her virginity? (I won't ask you to boil the water.)

12:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've been married for 35 years, so I must be doing something right. On the other hand, your guy puts me to shame. Lucky girl.

12:24 PM  
Blogger Gerbil said...

How to tell if a virgin is hard-boiled: Place her on her side on a flat surface and give her a little nudge at one end. Does she spin around smoothly without wobbling?

12:30 PM  
Blogger Iris said...

Can you give me directions to the Prince Store? I seem to have found my way only to the Horny Toad Store, and kiss them as I may, not a damn one has turned into a Prince Charming.

1:39 PM  
Blogger Aqua said...

You sound like the luckiest princess in the world. I love your blog...it makes me smile. Thanks.

1:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're a lucky princess to have found such a high quality prince. Reading your blog makes me think you deserve him. I wish you many happy years together.
Kate

2:25 PM  
Blogger Jean-Luc Picard said...

Is there a Princess around anywhere? Send her this way.

3:11 PM  
Blogger Nikki said...

Mother Jones - you better laminate him, cover him with bubble wrap and arrange for mummification when he croaks, all the other men need to be able to see their idol on display and in perfect condition...give 'em something to shoot for.

3:28 PM  
Blogger The Angry Medic said...

Despite my cynical heart-of-stone and completely wicked exterior, your post has moved me enough that I will say this:

Awwwww!

Hope you get better soon. The web can't do without a crotchety old Nurse Ratched for too long.

3:30 PM  
Blogger RX850 said...

I would still be married if I had a prince like yours! He's a gem and you deserve him and I agree that you must be just as good to him! :)

6:24 PM  
Blogger SQT said...

Lucky lucky girl.

And he's a lucky guy to have a girl who appreciates him.

8:36 PM  
Blogger DirkStar said...

The blue wave is sweeping accross America! Six years jof graft and corruption are coming to an end.

America is free once again...

11:40 PM  
Blogger Cyndy said...

Mt beloved cooks once a week; that's the night we have takeaway;that's Australian for 'takeout'. I have just one question; does your prince have a brother? ;)

4:34 AM  
Blogger GaffLady said...

where did you meet your prince? i want to find one like him :)

1:41 PM  
Blogger Kim said...

Do you rent this guy out? My prince could use some lessons! : D

Little does he know he is going to have flowers delivered to his office today! I sent them a day early as a surprise! : )

1:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home