Nursing Voices

Monday, August 21, 2006

Martha's List

Off with their heads! I’m still waiting for Blogger.com to get their act together. Every time I try to post a picture, my browser crashes. I use Safari OSX. This makes me a very unhappy princess-nurse. (Since I can’t upload pictures, visualize a picture of a pouting princess- nurse, wearing her crown, standing by a guillotine).

Speaking of royalty, the queen of domestic perfection, Martha Stewart, published another “to do” list in this month’s edition of Martha Stewart Living magazine. Sorry Martha, I don’t have time to dust my ceilings, walls, and baseboards this month, or any other month this century. I’ll never forget when Martha, the poster child for OCD, instructed readers to rotate their lampshades. Martha explained that this would allow their lampshades to fade more evenly as sunlight came through their windows. Maybe next month Martha’s personal “to do” list can include getting a prescription for Paxil. It’s an effective medication for OCD. (Visualize a picture of a happy, relaxed Martha Stewart, standing in a messy house surrounded by dusty ceilings, walls, and baseboards). Paxil, it’s a good thing!

4 Comments:

Blogger kario said...

Hallelujiah! As soon as I'm finished rotating my lampshades I'll dust around my can lights and remove all the photos from my walls so I can wash the walls down and shampoo my carpets.

12:25 PM  
Blogger Kentucky Rain said...

Blogger can be irritating as hell at times and I often wish I had a tranquilzer to keep me calm during these stressful times. Since I don't I just suck down a couple of shots of Dewars or a few gallons of Lite beer :-)

5:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

the i can rotate my mattress, and make some homemade starwberry jams:)
i occasionally watch martha, and her OCD is totally unbelievable, but i do admire her for making it work to her advantage at least, by making money out of it. now, excuse me as i try to figure out how to make money out of my being a loony:)

1:31 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

9:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home