Nursing Voices

Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Daisy Downer Day


I hate starting off by being a Daisy Downer, but so far my day sucks! I started my day with a trip to the dentist’s office. I now have a temporary crown, and 1,200 fewer dollars in my bank account. Oh yeah, that’s after my pathetic dental insurance pays its part of the bill. But wait, there’s more. I get to go back in ten days for an encore performance when I will receive my permanent crown. Oh Lord, my mouth hurts. Well, at least it gives me an excuse to dive into an ice cream sundae minus the nuts. I’ll just be eating soft food today.

Yesterday, I received some books I won on e-Bay. I’ll be sharing them with you soon. They are offbeat romance novels about, what else—horny, lecherous doctors, and hot, oversexed nurse.

6 Comments:

Blogger ChristopherM said...

$1200?! Good lawd, are you getting some Flava Flav platinum and diamond teeth or something?!

7:22 PM  
Blogger Mother Jones RN said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

9:21 PM  
Blogger Mother Jones RN said...

I know diamonds are a girls best friends, but alas, I'm blingless. I just had a lot of reconstruction work done on a tooth. I took a sucker punch to my jaw seven years ago when I told a patient he couldn’t smoke, and my damaged tooth slowly disintegrate over the years. Last year I had a root canal done, and it took me another year to save up for the crown. It just keeps getting better and better.

9:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow. all those steamy books should make your pain go away. hopefully :)

11:34 AM  
Blogger Kentucky Rain said...

I had a dental appointment for today, something about minor surgery, but I called yesterday and blew it off. My teeth don't hurt, especially after a little DeWars, so why do I need to go through all of that :-)

7:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

9:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home