Nursing Voices

Monday, July 24, 2006

I love eBay!

I’m addicted to eBay, and I revel in my illness. As a history buff, I love all the cool stuff you can find online. If I had unlimited funds, my house would be crammed full with eBay treasures. By the way, my birthday is at the end of the month, so I'm including some gift ideas just in case my friends and family are peeking at my blog.....hint-hint.




I love old post cards and photographs. This picture was taken before the turn of the century in a children's ward located in Europe.





Old books are great, especially books about the nursing profession. This book is about women serving in the Civil War and was printed in 1866. Many women mentioned in the book are nurses. Here is an example. This lady was a nurse for the Union army.


MRS. MARY MORRIS HUSBAND



My favorite goodies on eBay are old posters. Here are two examples I just love. Thanks for looking at my wish list, and if you need anymore suggestions on what to get me for my birthday, drop me a line. I'll be happy to help you out:-)



4 Comments:

Blogger GaffLady said...

i love ebay too! i got great baseball opening day tickets through ebay!!

8:57 PM  
Blogger Mother Jones RN said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

9:44 PM  
Blogger Mother Jones RN said...

You can buy just about anything on eBay, and you don't have to leave your home to find great deals. That's really good when gas is over 3 bucks a gallon.

9:37 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

9:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home